Friday, May 05, 2006

29 is NOT off to a good start.

WARNING! GRAPHIC BLOGGING AHEAD! People with weak stomachs may want to skip this entry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So, my birthday was going just fine. My family came over and brought cake and presents, and Tirithien was making me dinner, when I started to feel nauseous. He sent me to lie down while he finished up dinner. I felt a little better when I woke up, but I could only eat a few bites of dinner.


We curled up on the couch to watch a movie, and then my digestive system went into full rebellion. The top half went into reverse and the bottom half went into fast forward. This phenomenon is known as emetocatharsis. (Bougie Black Boy taught me that $5 word when he had the same issue freshman year.)

This kept up all night. Every hour, I would have to get up and go run to the bathroom again. It was like clockwork! Quarter after, it would be time to get up. When I went back to bed after my 4:15 emetocatharsis, I was able to sleep until 6:15, and this seemed a great blessing-- 2 consecutive hours of sleep!

Needless to say, I did not go to work on Thursday. I'm at work today, but I'm not going to be able to make it all day. I'm exhausted and weak. I actually made myself carsick driving here.

But I ate a piece of bread this morning. Hey, progress is progress.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Um... then it can only get better?

Sorry about the yucky birthday experience! :( Hope you feel better and stay better!

Bougie Black Boy said...

I've been SOOO busy, that i didnt call you on your bday. . . Let's hurry up and get outta our 20's and start our 30's. It must be better. it must. . . Happy Belated bday!!! much love.

Clay said...

i hope you are feelin better!

Michelle said...

Oh Bainwen! I didn't see this post until Monday so you HAVE to be feeling better by now. I hope so anyway.

Sorry I missed your birthday and sorry it had to be tainted with sickness.