Saturday, September 16, 2006

Murder Suspect Claims Goat Turned Into Corpse

From Yahoo News and the Associated Press:

A Nigerian murder suspect accused of killing his brother with an axe told police investigators he actually attacked a goat, which was only later magically transformed into his sibling's corpse, officials said Thursday.

Now, in general, I have a very uncomfortable feeling about these weird crime articles which come out of Nigeria. They drip with western superiority. "Ah, those silly, superstitious Nigerians! We would never believe anything like that!"

This one, though, is quite possibly the weirdest excuse I've ever heard. "It wasn't my brother at the time, it was a goat!"

No, I'm pretty sure this guy knew just what he was doing.

Thus, I have no qualms whatsoever at laughing at his ridiculous attempt at an excuse.

Unless it turns out that the brother really was a were-goat. Then I'll apologize for laughing.

3 comments:

Martie said...

Ha-ha-ha-ha-...Some people will say anything to try and escape accepting the consequences of their actions, huh? Pretty far fetched for anyone to believe....really preposterous!

Beth said...

If I weren't frightened of the barrage of rotten tomatoes that would inevitably result, I'd suggest that the guy's brother must have really gotten his goat....

Bougie Black Boy said...

this is one of the best write-ups I've read in a while. . .

the crazy thing is--what if we Americans who are stuck in our christian tenants are absolutely wrong for laughing at it, and the article was really real.