Monday, August 20, 2007

Back to School

Today I begin something very different. Of course I was in school this past year, but that was with 3 credits (one class) per semester. This time around? NINE credits, and still working full time! I have 4 credits worth of Math on Mondays and Wednesdays, then 5 credits worth of Physics on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with a lab section after the Tuesday class. Most days I'll be home by 7:30 or 8, except Tuesdays.

But this is only a difference of size, not kind. (I was going to say a difference of degree, but that would be a very bad pun in a post about college.)

The real change is my change of major. Why would a history major be taking math (Algebra/Trig) and physics?

That's because I'm an astronomy major now. Well, technically it's physics with an emphasis in astronomy/astrophysics, but it's close. It's something I've wanted to do since I was very little. I had space books on the shelf right next to my Little Golden Books!

It's going to be a long road. It's not quite starting over, but close. But now I am on the road, and we shall see where it goes.

2 comments:

Martie said...

Good for you for following a dream! Whatever you do, you will be successful......that's just the kind of person you are. I've missed you, was still stopping in every day to see if there was anything new....today paid off!

Hugs!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have more interests than anyone I have ever known. You know more, and have studied more, than anyone I have ever known. I wish I had your enthusiasm for learning as much as you can about as much as you can! You truly make me proud to be your Mama; but this is all you. You were reading when you were not quite 3 years old. You still astound me. Wow.
x o x o x o