Friday, July 29, 2005

Compliments

There are certain compliments I’ve been given in my life which, for some reason or another, are incredibly meaningful and have stuck with me. I keep them in my heart as treasures.

From my high school math teacher, for whom I have the greatest respect:
“You have a wisdom and insight beyond your years.”

From a lady who saw me helping one of the disabled individuals I used to work for:
“There needs to be more people like you in the world.”

From an elderly gentleman I was visiting in a nursing home:
“That smile of yours just lights up the whole room. That’s all the medicine I need.”

From the former priest of my parish, upon reading one of my poems:
“It’s brilliant!”

From a friend I helped through a rough spot:
“You are the light that guides me through the darkness.”

Another from a friend, quite some time ago:
“When you smile, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”

All thoughts that make me feel good on a sleepy Friday. :-)

1 comment:

Tirithien said...

And you deserve every last one of them... :-)